Through 2014 the Jim Broom Award has been presented to a Superintendent or Project Manager that has exhibited the qualities, character, and work ethic that made Mr. Broom one of the most respected members of our industry. Starting in 2015 we have decided that the Award should be presented not just to an individual, but to the project as a whole. This rewards not only the hard work of the Superintendent and PM, but shines a light on every crew member and the quality of work overall. After all, as JB would say, “you’re only as good as your crew”.
Since the end of 2013, the following (completed) projects have met or exceeded the criteria necessary to earn the Jim Broom Award:
- 702 Gulfstream 16” Water Line, Savannah, GA
- 705 Lift Station #64 Odor Control, Savannah, GA
- 710 Little River WPCP Phase 1, Columbia County, GA
- 712 Water, sewer, & stormwater repairs, Savannah, GA
- 714 Crossroads FM & Lift Station, Savannah, GA
- 717 Young Harris WPCP Additions, Young Harris, GA
- 718 Hampton Plantation Water Production Facility, Brunswick, GA
Congratulations to the Project managers, Superintendents, and Crew Members responsible for the success of these special projects. Thank you for your hard work. Mr. Broom would be proud.